A few weeks ago the IFSC announced the implementation of the first competition of the season in Meiringen. The first competitions, namely in Wujiang and Seoul, have already been postponed.
In consultation with the Chinese Mountaineering Association and the Korean Alpine Association, the International Climbing Association (IFSC) has postponed the two competitions planned for May in Wujiang (China) and Seoul (South Korea) to October 2021.
Due to the COVID-19 travel restrictions currently in force in both countries, the IFSC decided to postpone both competitions to autumn. The IFSC World Championship in Jakarta, Indonesia has also been postponed.
New dates for the competitions
The updated schedule for the three World Cup stages is as follows:
- IFSC Boulder and Speed World Cup in Seoul (Korea): October 1st to 3rd, 2021
- IFSC Boulder and Speed World Cup in Wujiang (China): October 22nd to 24th, 2021
- IFSC Speed World Cup in Jakarta (Indonesia): October 30th to 31st, 2021
The IFSC Paraclimbing World Cup in the United States and the IFSC World Cup in Xiamen, China, will take place as planned:
- IFSC Paraclimbing World Cup in the USA: October 9-10, 2021
- IFSC World Championship in Xiamen, China: October 15-17, 2021
That might interest you
+ + +
Credits: Cover picture Eddie Fowke / IFSC