Alp-Con presents the Brit Rock Film Tour in German-speaking countries for the first time. Four breathtaking films starring the likes of Pete Whittaker and Leo Houlding bring the best of British climbing and adventure stories to the big screen. LACRUX is giving away 5 × 2 tickets for a screening of your choice.
The Brit Rock Film Tour is stopping in German-speaking countries for the first time, in Austria to be precise. The best British climbing films will be screened at 16 venues between 16 May and 2 June 2022. A must-see for all climbers.
On the agenda:
- E11 LEXICON: Accomplished all-round climber Neil Gresham belongs to the fine wine of British climbing. At 50 he realizes his toughest trad project: Lexicon. The steep and smooth headwall of Pavey Ark's East Gully in the Lake District has a few tiny holds. The route is rated E11, making it one of the most difficult trad routes in England.
- GREAT SHEIKHS: Join Britain's top adventure climber Leo Houlding on a climbing mission to the desert towers of Saudi Arabia. Accompanied by tree climber Waldo Etherington, this breathtaking journey is as entertaining as it is insightful.
- KJERAG SOLO: Pete Whittaker is a climber who needs no introduction. He is known for his world-class crack climbing and rope solo ascents. The film follows Pete in a new direction with a free solo ascent of the local but no less impressive Kjerag Big Wall in Norway.
- CASE THEORY: Franco Cookson left an indelible mark on the climbing scene with his tough and courageous first ascents. In 2017, Franco made the first ascent of the almost unfathomably dangerous Nothing Lasts route in Northumberland. The film follows the infamous Franco on his recent journey to climb an even tougher line.
Trailer Brit Rock Film Tour
LACRUX is giving away a total of 5 × 2 tickets for the Brit Rock Film Tour in Austria. the Tour dates can be found here.
The tickets go to those people who register first using the form below. We will keep you up to date on the status of the raffle.
Update May 24th: All tickets are raffled. Have fun to all winners!
That might interest you
- Nerves of Steel: Dave MacLeod repeats the trad route Lexicon (E11, 7a)
- Longest and steepest crack tour in the world on bridge climbed | Pete Whittaker & Tom Randall
- Finally: Pete Whittaker commits the heavy crack route recovery drink
Do you like our climbing magazine? When we launched LACRUX, we decided not to introduce a payment barrier. It will stay that way, because we want to provide as many like-minded people with news from the climbing scene.
In order to be more independent of advertising revenue in the future and to provide you with even more and better content, we need your support.
Therefore: Help and support our magazine with a small contribution. Naturally you benefit multiple times. How? You will find out right here.
+ + +
Credits: Cover picture Alastair Lee