On Saturday, October 30th, 2021, a new bouldering hall will open its doors in the city of Zurich. Climbing enthusiasts can look forward to more than 1 square meters of bouldering in the Schlieren bouldering lounge. The operators invite you to the opening party.
They spring up like mushrooms: bouldering halls. The times of dusty and gloomy climbing halls are over. The training temples for climbers are becoming more and more modern - and bigger and bigger. The most recent example can be found in the west of Zurich. The city's largest bouldering hall will open its doors in Schlieren next Saturday: the bouldering lounge.
The Schlieren bouldering lounge is located in the former building of the NZZ print shop, is a three to five minute walk from Schlieren train station and offers bouldering problems for beginners and advanced climbers.
Separate children's area
The operators of the new bouldering hall are deliberately not just relying on offering a place for training. The visitors should feel much more comfortable. Children and their parents too.
The bouldering lounge dedicates its own climbing area with less high walls, a slide and a parents' lounge to the very young visitors, the children.
But even ambitious climbers don't miss out. The Schlieren bouldering lounge not only offers boulders of all levels of difficulty, but also a whole range of training options. Including a campus board, a moon board and a kilter board. The latter in particular is still a rarity in Switzerland.
Facts about the hall
- 1 square meters of bouldering area
- Boulder in all difficulties
- Children's area with parents' lounge
- Campusboard, Kilterboard and Moonboard
- Schlieren bouldering lounge, Zürcherstrasse 39, 8952 Schlieren
- 11 free parking spaces, additional parking spaces in the immediate vicinity
Opening party of the Schlieren bouldering lounge
Opening ceremony on October 30, 2021
The Schlieren bouldering lounge will open next Saturday, October 30, 2021 as part of a festival.
Information about the event
- Date: Saturday, October 30, 2021, from 10.00 a.m.
- Free entry on the opening day
- Finger force measurement by the Skill Lab company. Prize draw for professional performance diagnostics in the practice of Skill Lab 10.00 a.m. - 15.00 p.m.
- Free drinks from the open cupboard, Lemonaid and Möhl (while stocks last)
- Competition wall
Important note: Due to the official measures, only people with a Corona certificate can participate.