Magnesium is essential in climbing. If you reach for high-quality products, this can quickly become expensive. That's why we're going to show you today how you can inexpensively make Liquid Chalk yourself in two minutes.
All you need for this is:
- 70% isopropyl alcohol (also known as 2-propanol or isopropanol)
- Magnesium powder as fine as possible
- 2 measuring cups (1/4 cup and 1/2 cup)
- A bowl for mixing
- A mixer, such as a fork
- A tube (e.g. empty shampoo bottle) for the finished mixture
Make Liquid Chalk yourself, this is how it works:
That might interest you
- Storing climbing equipment correctly: tips from the pros
- Climbing training on rings: exercises and tips
- Tips for climbing-specific training
Do you like our climbing magazine? When we launched LACRUX, we decided not to introduce a payment barrier. It will stay that way, because we want to provide as many like-minded people with news from the climbing scene.
In order to be more independent of advertising revenue in the future and to provide you with even more and better content, we need your support.
Therefore: Help and support our magazine with a small contribution. Naturally you benefit multiple times. How? You will find out here.
+ + +
Credit: Cover picture Cem Salini