On November 5, 2019, Anak Verhoeven successfully completed the red point ascent of the Joe Mama (9a +) sports climbing route in Oliana, Spain. She was the first woman to climb the red dot route.
In the following video by her sponsor La Sportiva, Anak's ascent of Joe Mama can be seen. At the same time, the young Belgian shares details of the route and the process of the inspection.
Numerous 9's climbed
Anak is one of the strongest climbers in the world. Her most recent coup is to climb Belgium's first 9a route (Kraftio). Even before Kraftio and Joe Mama, Anak climbed several routes in the ninth degree of French.
- 9a / ++ Ciudad de Dios pa la Enmienda (Santa Linya) December 2017 (FA, evaluation needs to be confirmed)
- 9a + Sweet neuf (Pierrot beach) September 2017 (FA)
- 9a / + Ciudad de Dios (Santa Linya) December 2017
- 9a Sang neuf (Pierrot beach) September 2017 (FA)
- 9a Era Vella (Margalef) April 2015
- 8c + / 9a La Reina Mora (Siurana) November 2016
- 8c + / 9a Ma belle ma muse (Romeyer) March 2016 (FA, evaluation must be confirmed)
Anak Verhoeven inspecting Joe Mama
That might interest you
+ + +
Cover picture La Sportiva